Jackson High School Vision StatementA Jackson High School Graduate will experience success in three general categories: academic, career-preparedness and social development. Specifically, JHS graduates will:
In the area of Academics:
- Be able to read and write successfully.
- Be able to demonstrate basic math/algebra skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to access and utilize academic resources.
- Be able to solve problems.
- Be able to conduct research.
- Be technologically educated.
In the area of Career-Preparedness:
In the area of Social Development:
- Be able to identify appropriate career pathways.
- Be prepared for career direction.
- Be job/career ready.
- Be a self-advocate.
- Be responsible.
- Be respectful.
- Be confident.
- Be good citizens.
- Be creative.
- Be culturally aware.
- Be intrinsically motivated.
- Be able to handle adversity in a positive manner.
Jackson High School Mission StatementEducation is the collaborative responsibility of the staff, the students, the families and the community. Therefore, the mission of JHS is to provide a quality curriculum to its diverse student body in a safe, structured environment, to empower ALL student to strive for excellence in academics, the arts, technology and life skills, and to create responsible citizens for a global society.
Jackson High School Academic GoalsBased on research and current data, Jackson High School's academic goals are:
- All JHS students will be proficient in Reading.
- All JHS students will be proficient in Writing.
- All JHS students will be proficient in Mathematics.